The UK company was founded by two design graduates in 2005 and since has become a leading award winning design house, with clients across most major industry sectors including construction, off-shore, utilities, automotive and medical devices. Their market-led approach and extensive experience have led to the development of bespoke tools that deliver not only design solutions but a full product innovation strategy. They recently developed a fully automated pill blister pack assembler. The assembler is compact and simple to use by both pharmacists and caregivers who help dispense medication. Until now the pill blister pack assembler has been manufactured in house. In order to cope with increasing demand, they are keen to develop a manufacturing agreement with a company who can provide a complete assembled device. It is envisaged that the company will subcontract some of the operations. It is interested in exclusive manufacturing agreements.
Advantages and Innovations
The company can offer the following advantages to its partners:
- over 15 years of experience in the design and development of products and product innovation strategies.
- an extensive client base, built up over many years, and including many blue-chip engineering companies as well as SMEs.
- the company is accredited to ISO 13485 Medical devices — Quality management systems
- assistance in the creation of a market for the partners’ products in the UK market;
- a commitment to work closely with the partner to meet mutually agreed targets, represent their brand values and keep open communication at all times.
- The pill blister pack dispenser is a compact space saving design applicable to both pharmacist, care home and domestic use.
- The pill selection is fully automatic.
Technical Specification or Expertise Sought
A company capable of doing (or project managing) the assembly and testing of the complete system. Individual operations include:
- Vacuum Casting
- Injection Molding
- Electronic PCB population
- Laser Cutting
- Vacuum Forming
- Mechanical assembly
- 3D printing
An established UK market-led product design company requires a manufacturer to build and test their innovative device that manufactures pill organiser blister packs used by pharmacists and caregivers who help dispense medication. A manufacturing agreement is sought.